Monday, July 02, 2007

Earthquake!

At about 1pm today, I felt the office building picked up slightly and dropped back on its foundations. I was in a reverie contemplating such heavy matters as credit losses when I was literally jolted out of it. I immediately stood up and looked around and I felt the floor shake a little more. It was my first California earthquake! I was curious to see if anyone went under the desks as the emergency procedures say but no one did. A lot of my colleagues are hardened Californians and a piddly 4.3 earthquake probably just relieves some back ache.

I was pretty excited and asked the guy next to me to confirm whether it was indeed an earthquake and he deadpanned, "Eh, no big deal". None indeed.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dheerendragopal :

KP will in US this weekend
Let me know if you are interested in meeting him

send me mails
myID@yahoo.com

August 1, 2007 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger YSK said...

What is your email boss? Also, I am in California. Where will he be visiting?

August 2, 2007 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Cardinal said...

I understand your feelings on the earthquake. In my short tenure of 2 years in CA, I experianced some 10 mild, noticeable tremors. One of them was around 4. I learnt that CA will experiance around 50000 to 60000 tremors every year! Having lived in a old apartment's top floor, I spent many nights thinking about them.

August 22, 2007 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger YSK said...

Cardinal, that's a pretty nice blog you have there. Thanks for visiting!

August 22, 2007 at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home